Friday, August 20, 2010

Jewels of the Sun by Nora Roberts


Jewels of the Sun by Nora Roberts
3 stars

Here the back cover:
Determined to re-evaluate her life, Jude Murray flees America to take refuge in Faerie Hill Cottage, where she immerses herself in the study of Irish folklore--and discovers hope for the future in the magic of the past...


Finally back home in Ireland after years of traveling, Aidan Gallagher possesses an uncommon understanding of his country's haunting myths. Although he's devoted to managing the family pub, a hint of wildness still glints in his stormy eyes--and in Jude, he sees a woman who can both soothe his heart and stir his blood. And he begins to share the legends of the land with her--while they create a passionate history of their own...


This is the first book in the trilogy. I read these in order though the posts are out of order. I liked the story overall. It did time me some time to get through this though. Jude, main female character, and Aidan, the main male character, resisted falling in love every freaking step of the way. I know that there has to be some conflict with coming to terms with falling in love with someone you weren't even looking for but it became a situation where I was like "Oh my god...get on with it already!" In the end the story was a good one but this was not my favorite of the series Tears of the Moon took that spot. It had the conflict but not so much resistance that it made it a chore to read.

2 comments:

  1. Hey there! Stopped by your blog by hearing about the Hogwarts reading challenge. What an AWESOME idea! In fact, right now I am re-reading the whole Harry Potter series in honor of the premier of the first part of the 7th movie. I'm so joining!
    I'm a new follower.I hope you'll come visit my blog back(:
    Angela Z
    http://thebookbuzzer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome. I sure will visit your blog. Thanks for joining.

    ReplyDelete