Monday, October 25, 2010

Every Thug Needs A Lady by Wahida Clark


Every Thug Needs A Lady
By Wahida Clark
4 stars 10/24/2010

Sexy, beautiful Roz has escaped from the hard streets and is on her way to a professional career in physical therapy. She doesn't need to make a U-turn back to the ghetto. But then she meets Trae, who's still after the bling bling and fast money of drugs. He's hard, hot, irresistible--and trouble. Soon Roz is wild for a brother whose world is filled with dark schemes and deadly desire. But blinded by her passion, she can't see the heartbreak ahead where the 'hood has a law of its own--and its own brand of revenge...

synopsis from flipkart

This is the second novel in the Thug series. It hits you with a shocker of a story right at the beginning (page 13) when Roz reveals her past to her friends. The novel focuses mostly of the relationship between Roz (Tash) and Trae. The side couple is the budding romance between Angel and Kaylin. I have not read the first book in the series yet so I can tell you that you can read this series out of order as I have already read the third book. This book does not disappoint as a sequel.

When I was looking for the synopsis I came across some good reviews a couple stood out. One did not understand the reason why Roz was being called Tash. I not Wahida so I can't say why she did it but I can say that I had a boyfriend who called me by my middle name. He said that he did not want to call me by a name that every one else used so maybe that is the same type of thinking Wahida had in mind for Trae's character as well.

1 comment: