Monday, February 7, 2011

Twilight by Stephanie Meyer




Twilight by Stephanie Meyer
Hardcover pgs. 498
rating: 3 stars
02/06/2011



From Goodreads:
Isabella Swan's move to Forks, a small, perpetually rainy town in Washington, could have been the most boring move she ever made. But once she meets the mysterious and alluring Edward Cullen, Bella's life takes a thrilling and terrifying turn. Up until now, Edward has managed to keep his vampire identity a secret in the small community he lives in, but now nobody is safe, especially Bella, the person Edward holds most dear. The lovers find themselves balanced precariously on the point of a knife—between desire and danger. Deeply romantic and extraordinarily suspenseful, Twilight captures the struggle between defying our instincts and satisfying our desires. This is a love story with bite.


My Review:
Well, what can I say? Did it leave you to the hype for me? I don't know if it's because it is a YA novel but it just didn't grab me. Okay, this is what bothered me the most...Edward's damn perfection. Nothing about him sounded like perfection to me. It made me wonder if I had ever gushed about a guy like this as a teenager. I really don't think I did. Yes, there were guys that I thought were sooo good looking. I even dated a couple of the "popular and fine" ones but my mind wasn't constantly bring up the words perfection and beautiful at every sight. If you were to talk out the comments on Edwards beauty the book could probably be cut down to 400 pages. For me it really slowed the pace of the book down. TBR list #4 (sorry Twilight fans but this book can wait).



Challenges:
I Spy Reading Challenge
2011 Where Are You Reading?
Outdo Yourself Reading Challenge 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment