Round the World Passage
This idea is a combination of the 7 continents / Olympic challenges and Round the World Tickets (real tickets you can purchase to travel round the world).
Read a book (or more if you’d like to) that is located in certain city / country or by an author of that city / country. You decide which city / country you’d like to ‘visit’ however the following conditions (similar to the RTW ticket’s) apply:
1. Maximum Mileage: 40,000 miles* (Unlimited stops – see how generous I am) with a minimum of 20,000 miles (5 stops)
2. The start and end of the journey have to be located in the same country
3. Choose a direction you’d like to take (East or West only) mainly when jumping continents, you can go north & south when you're within a continent
4. One crossing each of the Atlantic and Pacific must be included in the itinerary (but only one crossing allowed over each oceans)
5. Try not to backtrack within a continent - I know this was really hard
*To help you in calculating your mileage, the below site may be useful:http://www.daftlogic.com/projects-google-maps-distance-calculator.htm
I haven't set any dates because I think it should be flexible (at least for the first time around anyway, who knows if people enjoy it, I'll put it up again next year with a more strict time frame)
My list will be posted soon!