Monday, January 3, 2011

You've Been Warned by James Patterson &


You've Been Warned
by James Patterson & Howard Roughan
6cds 6hr 56mins
finished 12/23/2010
2stars
From back of book:
You've been nice, very nice.
Kristin Burns has lived her life by the philosophy "Don't think, just shoot" – pictures, that is. Struggling to make ends meet, she works full-time as the nanny for the fabulously wealthy Turnbull family, looking after their two wonderful children and waiting for her glamorous life as a New York photographer to begin. When her photographs are considered by an elite Manhattan art gallery, it seems she might finally get the chance that will start her career.
You've been naughty, very naughty.
But Kristin has a major distraction: forbidden love. The man of her dreams is almost hers for keeps. Breathless with an inexhaustible passion and the excitement of being within reach of her goals, Kristen ignores all signs of catastrophe brewing.
Now you've been warned.
Fear exists for a reason. And Kristin can only dismiss the warnings for so long. Searching desperately for the truth through the lens of her camera, she can only hope that it's not too late.
My Review:
Hmmmm...let's say this was not the best Patterson book. I listened to the audiobook. It was very slow paced. The first cd was very boring. Honestly I had lost interest in the book halfway through the 1st cd. At the end of the 2nd one, I thought I had a good idea of what was going on with the character of Kristen. My desire to know whether or not my hunch was right was my motivation for sticking with this story. Turns out a couple of things I was right about and one thing that I wasn't.
The end is the book's saving grace (if you decide to read this you'll know why I used that phrase). I understood what Patterson and co-author Howard Roughan were trying to do and appreciate the effort. And towards the end the book grew on me. However, if you are a person who can abandon a book with ease then this is not the book for you. The book is described as a thriller; it is not. If you just have to read everything that Patterson as written put this at the bottom of the list.

No comments:

Post a Comment