Sunday, July 22, 2012

Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick


Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick

Book 1 in series
Paperback: 391pgs
Rating: 4 stars


From back of book:
When Nora and Patch are forced together as lab partners, Nora would rather fall to her death than put up with his elusive answers to her questions, his teasing, and his infuriatingly handsome face and hypnotizing eyes. It seems Patch was put on earth just to drive her crazy.

But before long, Nora's defenses start to break down as her curiosity about Patch heats up. Why does he always seem to be wherever she is and know exactly what she's thinking? How does he know what to say to both attract and repulse here? And what is up with thos V-shaped scars on his chiseled back?

As their connection grows stronger. Nora's own life becomes increasingly fragile. Nora needs to decide: Is Patch the one who wants to do her harm or the one who will keep her safe? Has she fallen for one-of-the-fallen?


My Review:
A love story that includes teenagers, angels, and nephilim. Nora has always been a good student. The type of daughter any parent would dream to have. She is reliable and does pretty much as she is told. That is until Patch. Patch a bad boy. Just how bad Nora has no idea but she does know that it would be a good idea to avoid him. There’s only one problem. Patch seems to be everywhere she is. And to make matters worse, someone is following her intent on doing her harm.

Hush, Hush is an interesting love story. The suspense kept the story moving forward though I never for a minute thought that Patch would hurt Nora. What I didn’t like about the story was the way Nora rationalize her fear of Patch. You should never be with someone you don’t feel safe with. Bad boys are bad to others not to you…those would be jerks and who wants to be with a jerk. Also I wasn’t so crazed about the character Vee. There were many times I just wanted to slap her. Ignoring a news article is one thing but trying to convince a friend to go out with a guy who slammed her up against her house well, that’s selfish. I am looking forward to reading book 2 Silence. TBR#2


Challenges:
Fun and Games 2012

2 comments:

  1. I wasn't too sure about this one at first. I'm a bit off-put by angels, but you know, I might just give it a shot now! Stellar review! :D

    New follower on GFC. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment and the compliment. I wasn't sure about it either but the book I orginally went to the bookstore to get wasn't there so I pick this up. Glad that I didn't. I really did like it. And it's not the angel aspect is different than I thought it would be.

    If you read it and review it. Please let me know. I would love to know what your thoughts are.

    ReplyDelete