Friday, July 13, 2012

Follow Friday #3

FF 2012 Feature & Follow #105

RULES

To join the fun and make new book blogger friends, just follow these simple rules:
    • (Required) Follow the Follow My Book Blog Friday Hosts {Parajunkee & Alison Can Read}
    • (Required) Follow our Featured Bloggers
    • Put your Blog name & URL in the Linky thing. You can also grab the code if you would like to insert it into your posts.
    • Grab the button up there and place it in a post, this post is for people to find a place to say “hi” in your comments and that they are now following you.
    • If you are using WordPress or another CMS that doesn’t have GFC (Google Friends Connect) state in your posts how you would like to be followed
    • Follow Follow Follow as many as you can, as many as you want, or just follow a few. The whole point is to make new friends and find new blogs. Also, don’t just follow, comment and say hi. Another blogger might not know you are a new follower if you don’t say “HI”
    • If someone comments and says they are following you, be a dear and follow back. Spread the Love…and the followers
    • If you’re new to the follow friday hop, comment and let me know, so I can stop by and check out your blog!

Our Feature – Vivian @ Vivaciously, Vivian

When did you start blogging?
I started my first blog on WordPress in 2008, back when I was a pretty clueless 8th grader, haha! My book blog was officially created on February 10th, 2012. I’m still quite a baby, so feel free to throw criticism in my way!
What is your favourite part of book blogging?
The connection between fellow bloggers, definitely. It’s said so often because it’s absolutely true! Especially since I don’t have many friends in the real world who are huge fans of books, book blogging has led me to meet so many wonderful individuals. Reading the posts of fellow bloggers as well as their comments on my posts fill me with a special sort of happiness. Sorry if that sounds a bit mushy -blush- but I really mean it. I’ve joined many online worlds, but this is the first virtual world that I’ve joined that offers such a strong feeling of support, spirit, and love. It’s really amazing!
What is your favourite book(s)?
To choose absolute favourites, wow. “Anne of Green Gables” (as well as all the follow up books on Anne) by Lucy M. Montgomery will always take up a big chunk of my book-lover’s heart! In modern-day times, I love anything written by Shannon Hale, but particularly “River Secrets”! Of course, countless more books have stolen my heart, but to be honest, these two have always shone a tad bit brighter for me!
What has been the best thing that has happened to you because of book blogging?
The voice of my starving love for books is finally being heard by others but also myself. As I’ve also mentioned in my answer to the featured question, there was a gap of a few years that I just felt so detached from books, I was so ashamed of myself for it. After starting book blogging, there has not been a day that I’ve spent time reading, or even writing a review. I’m so grateful that I’ve opened up again to all books. That’s, of course, not just from blogging by myself, but also from all of you other bloggers for inspiring me to, so thank you!

Q: What drove you to start book blogging in the first place?

Reading other blogs. And I like the idea of sharing my thoughts on books.

10 comments:

  1. I love hearing thoughts on books too!

    New follower via GFC.

    Please stop by my blog, Ensconced in YA!
    http://cahreviews.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for following. Now let me go and return the kindness

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Friday! Hopping through. New GFC follower.

    http://gizmosreviews.blogspot.com/2012/07/feature-follow-friday-23.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. New follower via GFC..hop by my blog sometime. :)
    http://ebonyblacklines.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love reading other people's blogs too! That also influenced me to start my own.

    New Follower :)


    http://bookdoll.blogspot.com/2012/07/feature-and-follow-friday-is-weekly.html#comment-form

    ReplyDelete
  6. Reading other people's blogs definitely inspired me to start one myself too!

    new follower :)
    Here's my FF

    ReplyDelete
  7. Reading other people's blog is alot of fun. It's how I got started.

    New follower via GFC

    A Bookish Co-op @ http://abookishco-op.blogspot.com

    Btw, I wanted to let you know that I nominated you for the The Liebster Award. :)

    Find out more about it here: http://abookishco-op.blogspot.com/2012/07/wowzers_14.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. following everyone back. thanks for stopping by

    ReplyDelete