Friday, July 6, 2012

Follow Me Friday #2



RULES

To join the fun and make new book blogger friends, just follow these simple rules:
    • (Required) Follow the Follow My Book Blog Friday Hosts {Parajunkee & Alison Can Read}
    • (Required) Follow our Featured Bloggers
    • Put your Blog name & URL in the Linky thing. You can also grab the code if you would like to insert it into your posts.
    • Grab the button up there and place it in a post, this post is for people to find a place to say “hi” in your comments and that they are now following you.
    • If you are using WordPress or another CMS that doesn’t have GFC (Google Friends Connect) state in your posts how you would like to be followed
    • Follow Follow Follow as many as you can, as many as you want, or just follow a few. The whole point is to make new friends and find new blogs. Also, don’t just follow, comment and say hi. Another blogger might not know you are a new follower if you don’t say “HI”
    • If someone comments and says they are following you, be a dear and follow back. Spread the Love…and the followers
    • If you’re new to the follow friday hop, comment and let me know, so I can stop by and check out your blog!

Our Feature – Jennifer @ Reading and Writing Urban Fantasy and Paranormal Romance

When did you start blogging?
I started blogging in late September 2011, and I still have so much to learn.
What is your favorite part of book blogging?
I love interacting with other book bloggers. I don’t have many friends who like reading, so I have to rely on my fellow book bloggers to chat with me about my current reads, book news, and why I must refrain from clawing Kate Daniel’s eyes out for taking my Beast Lord away from me. I love you, Curran!
Another of my favorite parts has been interacting with authors, both traditionally published and self-published. They are always so sweet and considerate. I just want to hug them all…and then yell at them for killing off the characters I love. I miss you, Kisten!
What is your favorite book(s)?
Well, as many of you can guess by my little outburst above, I love the Kate Daniels series by Ilona Andrews, which is my favorite series by far. Other series I can’t live without include the Guild Hunter series and the Psy-Changeling series by Nalini Singh, the Hollows series by Kim Harrison, the Elemental Assassin series by Jennifer Estep, the Night Huntress series by Jeaniene Frost, and the Kushiel’s Legacy series by Jacqueline Carey. Some books that I love: Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi, Divergent by Veronica Roth, Outlander by Diana Gabaldon, and The Host by Stephenie Meyer. Okay, I might have gone overboard on my favorite books but what did you expect, book blogger = book obsession. I can’t just pick one. icon smile Feature & Follow #104
What has been the best thing that has happened to you because of book blogging?
First, the friends I have made. I am as close to some book bloggers as I am to my best friends. Second, the time Jennifer Estep contacted me after she read my review for one of her books. She was so nice. She actually offered to send me some of her upcoming ARCs. Now, I have an interview with her lined up in about a month. She was the first big time author to ever contact me directly, and I still get giddy just thinking about it. *happy dance* Be thankful your eyes have been spared from seeing my happy dance, it’s not pretty.

Q: Jumping Genres: Ever pick up a book from a genre you usually don’t like and LOVE it? Tell us about it and why you picked it up in the first place.

Romanace. I never would read romance novels. I thought they were cheesy. Then my friend and coworker started bringing me audiobooks and I love romance novels now. I find that there are books that I can listen to that I probably couldn't get through if I were to read the physical cody.

5 comments:

  1. My love for reading started with historical romances.Can't beat them. they are like my guilty pleasure.

    New follower.
    <a href="http://www.escapismfromreality.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/feature-and-follow-friday-18.html#comment-form>MY FF</a>

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always been a Chick Lit fan, I'm glad they got you over to our site ;)
    New GFC follower.

    Happy Friday!
    My FF/TGIF

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love romance, can't help it!

    new follower

    -Amanda P
    Paranormal Romance

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't really do Romance either. Maybe you should check out my post because it's about romance too (a book friends had to talk me into reading)

    My follow friday! Please visit!

    ReplyDelete